Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Painted Wood Sign!

After falling in love with the idea for this sign over on Pinterest, I looked everywhere for one to hang in our bedroom. Since they were all way more than I was willing to pay, I got to work planning my own version.

It was so quick and easy, I don't even have pics to show the progress. Basically, I picked up a thin square pine board at Lowes for $4, and cut it down a little to make it the size I wanted and rectangle. I used black acrylic paint to paint the board. I thought about stenciling the letters on, but wanted the painted look, so I ended up just tracing my own letters on and then painting them with a good old paint brush and offwhite paint by hand. I was going to put a clear top coat on to protect it, but since I'm not to worried about it getting worn, and I was in a hurry, I skipped that step. :)

I LOVE how it turned out, it is exactly what I was picturing in my head. I'm still considering distressing the edges a little bit. What do you think?

Ta Da! Here is my finished wall art for less that $5. Not perfect by any means, but perfect for us!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I like it the way it is but if you wanted you could give it a worn look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you in need of Online Research Paper Services? Then get connected with Affordable academic Help Online And get your assignment done on time.You will also get Homework Help Writing Services that will leave an impression.

    ReplyDelete