Friday, April 23, 2010

Out of Surgery!

We are very happy to report that we are out of surgery and everything went great. The doctor said it was the best it could have gone. It looks like they are pretty sure in is not cancerous! We are beyond trilled and relieved. We will know for sure sometime next week, but either way, things there look good.

Right now we are in her room waiting for her MRI which is scheduled for 8:45pm tonight and will take around an hour. After that they will start to wake her up. It is really awful and hard right now watching the ventilator breath for her. She also has a little temperature, but they are not worried, they said it is just from having brain surgery. (that still sounds SO crazy) She also has been having spontaneous eye movement and sort of waking up and crying and coughing, but is not really awake. This very, very hard on me.

We feel we have made it past so many hurdles so far. The biggest worry left is the 1 in 5 chance that she will develop posterior fossa syndrome from the surgery and loose the ability to talk and her cordination. We are praying hard right now, that that doesn't happen, but are ready for whatever lies ahead.

Thank you to everyone for your love and prayer, we couldn't have made it this far without them, please keep our little Molly in your thoughts.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear everything went well! Still praying for you all. ((Hugs)) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I am in shock! I am SO SO sorry you and Molly and your family have had to go through this shocking trial! I will put Molly in my prayer journal and will pray for her daily. How did you find out she had the brain tumor? I will write a post on my blog so people can hop on over here and to your carepage and pray for you and Molly! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your site via Rebecca's blog. I'm so sorry you are going through this! Praying for you and your little one.

    God Bless,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also found you via Rebecca's blog and read your Carepages update. It's awesome that Molly already came so far. I am hoping for full and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kim, I am so sad to hear this, I read about your beautiful little girl on Rebecca's blog. I cannot imagine what you must be going through as a parent, but I do have an idea of what this means to your family. My dad was diagnosed with a brain tumour in January this year, cannot remember the name of the tumour - it acts as malignant but is actually benign in nature. He had a operation that removed 90% of it and later had to go in for a shunt. I do know that it is going to be a long road of recovery for your little girl and I hope and pray that she will have no side effects or lasting effects from this tumour. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May God bless you and keep you, May He keep Molly safe. If you ever need to chat or just cry, please feel free to email me. I know that I am a stranger, but I do know what this can do to a family.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear that everything went well with the surgery. I am praying for Molly's speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks and everything is shared in this blog in a unique way. keep it up.
    buy used pc parts

    ReplyDelete