Thursday, March 11, 2010

stART Project - Mouse Shapes

This week for our stART project we read Mouse Shapes by Ellen Stoll Walsh. Molly picked it out from the library, we have Mouse Paint, so it is fun to read another one of the Mouse books. This one has the 3 little mice building with shapes, so I thought this would make for a perfect gluing project.

I cut out a bunch of colored shapes for Molly to glue onto construction paper.

We used the book as a guide, so she could match the pictures to the ones in the book.

She was so proud of her picture, it turned out great, and gave us some good practice in leaving things glued on to a page, usually Molly always wants to peel them off before they dry.

A Mommy's Adventures hosts stART, head over and check it out.
There are so many great book and art project ideas.

6 comments:

  1. That looks like fun. Okay tell me again how old Molly is. I am forgetting for some reason. BUT I am wondering because A. is going to be 2 in May, and I want to start doing stuff with her...When did you start with Molly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! We just finished learning about shapes and this would be a great follow up! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Oh and the shamrock tablecloth is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about getting these books for my little one. I love the project you did to go with it!

    ReplyDelete